February 19, 2007

Quiet Zone Here

Lucky me - I had the foresight to take tomorrow off work so I could recuperate for this weekend!

For starters - for those of you who didn't know...I didn't go to church Sat cuz I was sick. Very sick. Hot and Cold. Dizzy. Not able to eat...well, not able to get something I could eat, more like it! Too dizzy to hit the road and head to church for the scrumptious soup potluck we had...WAAAA! That's what I wanted. A nice, warm bowl of home made soup. And toast. But no such luck for me. With being stuck inside on the main floor my food choices were...peanut butter, eggs, and apple crisp. 3 things which I do not care to eat anytime soon.

But on the the good stuff. I was still sick this morning. So, I decided to forgo filling my car up with gas as it was cold - and I was running a bit Late. Poor, poor, pitiful me! Gas went from $2.13 this morning to (drum roll please!) $2.39!!!!!!!!!!!! ACK. Of all the dumb luck.

But anyway, I was feeling so rotten at work that I decided "I'll go to the minute clinic at Target on lunch." (They are not called that anymore, if you were curious) BUT! They had a 1 1/2 hr wait time, so I decided to go...after work. And, BOY! Is it a good thing I went! They did a throat culture which came back negative...for now (it is being sent for out for a second opinion). BUT! The good Doc (short n' sweet......... literally!) shuddered when I told him my throat was hurting the more I talked. He said is was Something Something Abscess Something Something Abscess. Which is apparently very rare (1 in 10 cases of strep turn into it), tho he has had 4 cases in th past month. YIKES! I can just feel those things growing now..........I have these little white bubbles on my throat, and if it gets any harder for me to talk, I better get to the hospital to get x-rays and get 'em fixed or something. If they drain I'd get pneumonia.....and that means no Chicago. :-(

So, for now all I can do is: gargle with salt water; don't talk; rest; eat healthy; don't talk; gargle salt water; warm compresses on neck; no talking........
Needless to say! If you call me, I won't talk. So...email me. I will be home all day tomorrow with nothing to do, so I'll probably be on the computer the whole time.

Janet....do all the Naked drinks have banana in????? That's disgusting! Actually, I see one of the ones I got doesn't. Shoulda opened that one first! I got: Red Machine, Orange Mango Motion, Pomegranate Blueberry, and Pomegranate Agai (or is it Acai?) So, I will see which ones I like.....thank you for introducing me to the Naked way of life. ;-) I am laughing at this, and I probably shouldn't be......but I found my Cheesy Taco Pizza Rolls! Not the healthiest food on earth, but oh-so-tasty! :-)

Anyway, please pray that I get better fast and that the salt gargling helps...the good Doc said it should clear up by Wednesday with just the salt water, but maybe not....

Well, I've incredibly hungry, so I got to find some... soup.


I should just put this on my blog......(If you're reading this, I did)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because it's July 12-14. Katie's due on the 13th. :(