July 23, 2008

SonShine 2008 Recap

Wednesday the 16th

Good times, good times. We arrived Wednesday morning and it was blazing hot. So hot that my completely frozen bottle of water melted in 30 minutes and the sun screen burned when it was sprayed on. So, I drank the water and put the sunscreen in the cooler. Good times!

We had an awesome spot all picked out and set up right behind the HM Stage. Socrates borrowed some duct tape and taped the second tarp up to the building to form a little tent to sit under. But it fell. And we had to move the tent – it was too close to the building (someone else ended up putting their tent there for the weekend, tho).

So...we had to pull up stakes and move! We went across the walkway to behind a big screen tent with 8-month-old triplets crawling around inside. What fun! They were not happy campers. L

It was getting hotter outside so we melted into our chairs and all over the blanket. In the sun. It was not long, however, before we were nicely covered be shade from the screen tent. A nice, cool breeze also started up and with the added coolness we were able to rest for a few hours before Jars of Clay played.

7:30 finally came and we headed over to see Masi and Jars of Clay. Masi opened for Jars with worship music. They were pretty good, but the crowd where we were sitting didn't really care about them playing so there was constant jabber making it hard to really hear Masi, which really annoyed me. The Jars concert was great, the moon was amazing. Then it ended and Marco Polo started. Oh, HELP! A volley ball game also started right outside our tent. The ball even hit our tent a couple times! grrrrr

Ah, Sonshine.

Thursday the 17th

And then the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down. Everything in our tent seemed wet. Most of it was. Even the clothes in our backpacks! The mattress I was sleeping on had large pools of water standing on it later...

The Civic Center opened at 10, so I'm sure most people were in there. The rain continued pouring until 11. Many people were leaving, some were sitting in their cars (as were Socrates and I) and a few were out walking covered in tarps or blankets.

Both Socrates and I were a bit stir crazy sitting in the car. We couldn't see what time it was (car wasn't running) and the only sound we heard was the rain pattering on the roof. The windows were all fogger over so we couldn't see out the windows or the sunroof. Everything is damp and sticky. Icky. Blah. Hopefully the rain will stop soon. Socrates hopes in time for Dizmas and I hope in time for Superchick and Jeremy Camp. We'll see...

Friday the 18th

Oh, the travesty! Good day. What happened? I don't remember anymore...oh, wait!

Today was a good day. I saw Thousand Foot Krutch and almost Hawk Nelson and Barlow Girl, but after waiting for an hour of sound checks in the sun I decided to listen from the shade of our tent. I have some new CDs from the week: Maron, FireFlight, Wavorly, Dizmas, and some Skillet songs. YAY!!

Katie, you were right – I did like the TobyMac show! I would even go to another one with joy! Heather was very entertaining during the concert as well. Socrates saw Project 86 and she says to tell you that it was hoppin'! That it was raucous and pretty. She makes me laugh! Another concert I thoroughly enjoyed, but didn't expect to, was David Crowder. He was a hoot! I still won't get any of his CDs, tho.

Saturday the 19th

So it rains. Again. And it was creepy cold for July. brrrrr. My, how I shivered thru the night! Socrates and I have also both sustained injuries now. But life is good. J

Socrates is telling me how she beat a kid to the front of the crowd for a concert. She is getting all annoyed all over again. And no one is texting her back! We are going to see Dark Knight this afternoon while we wait for Kutless, Skillet and Newsboys. Then we go home J to shower and sleep. hehe. HELP! WE STINK!

One of the first things I do when I get home: WASH MY GLASSES!!!

Socrates sounds like a Veggie Tales character, "That girl had North Dakota pants on!"

I can really tell that Socrates had sugar for breakfast....if she could bounce around like a little rubber ball in the car full of blankets and clothes and food she would, and that isn't really stopping her! Except...it's her mouth that's bouncing very hilariously...and she's reading over my shoulder and has that funny voice again.

Andrew.....text Socrates back! She wants to shoot to injure you!

I have 4gb of fun pictures and movies which I will upload when I have time...the pictures are done, but I'm still trying to figure out iMovie on my laptop. It ain't so easy!

I must go bring Someone under control before she yells even louder at the 'small child' for smoking...

ANDY!

Must. Wash. Hair. It has been subject to the sweat of millions of people. EWWWW!

Sunday the 20th (in the morning, this all happened last night)

The Dark Knight was amazing! So funny! Not really Janet rated right now, but maybe once I buy the DVD parts can be fast forwarded. So good. Good like Hot Fuzz. J

Oh, sweet bliss! I got a sweet Newsboys t-shirt and so got to meet Jeff, Duncan and Paul! Peter apparently was not yet at Sonshine....Many other people also got one of the particular t-shirts that allowed us to meet the guys, so we stood in line for an hour together. J

Then we got to settle in for Newsboys!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, the wind was against us so we didn't get any of the confetti, but I did get a couple good pictures!

No comments: