September 04, 2006

Retreating

The retreat was fun. Even if I did have to tent! I was able to stay nice and toasty warm thanks to Marcus (he let me use his tent since him and Katie went home) on the second night, so I actually got some sleep. The views were amazing, the company crazy hilarious and the weather just about perfect! It didn't rain, which was so nice. Janet and I had plans devised for our dry sleeping - in my car!! ;-) They never needed to come to fruitation, thankfully!!

Pictures
I usually put tons of pictures up here, but I am too lazy to do that this time. So, here are links! I will have more details with the pictures as I feel they are needed!!!

Retreating
This will have all of the pictures - if you feel like wading thru all 825 of them! I deleted over half of them, and I think I did a pretty good job of deleting the ones fit for blackmail. ;-)
Sammy
Sammy is sooooo photogenic, he gets is own set!!!!! There are photos of him playing with the ball, on the tractor, being tired...

Cheerio Pond
A pond with an island in the middle = Cheerio Pond. I don't know if that's official name, but some of the girls called it that and the name stuck - at least with me!
Living Growing
Flowers....moss on trees....mushrooms. For some reason, I was loving all the mushrooms to be snapped....

Katie & Marcus went canoeing and I got some pictures (of course).
Jen & Jack took the paddle boat out, and had a good ride!
Rice Lake is the lake we were 'on'.
People
All the people pictures. If a person has their own set, they will not be in this one. (cough, cough...Sammy...cough). And look! Eric made it to the retreat!!

Fire/Food
Since some food got cooked on fire, I figures these two sets could go together!!

Contemplative Walking
I took some hikes around and about, sometimes alone, sometimes with someone.
Cabin
The cabin was pretty nice. Tons of bunks, some too high. I'm glad I wasn't staying there! Rumors of mice...the view from the window was awesome, tho!!
Baptisms
Jamie and Kristin got baptized Sunday afternoon!
Sunrise/Sunset ;-D Night on Rice Lake. Wow!
Sports
There was frisbee, soccer and volleyball, of which most everyone participated.

Bubbles
There were bubbles from Mark & Heather's wedding that were passed around and had fun with.

Scenes...everything scenic!

Turtle...the kids had a turtle to play with for a while before he went back to Cheerio Pond.
Maple House
Janet and I saw the maple house on a walk! It was pretty neat....

No comments: