November 16, 2007

Pranks and Heart Attacks

Oh, the mess-ups that turn into the best practical jokes ever!!!

 

So....shipping closes in 10 minutes and there was an order they were looking for to that HAD to ship today. I was looking for it in our system but couldn’t find it...for multiple reasons. Come to find out, the order isn’t even entered yet!

 

I enter the order in a rush and get it printed for shipping, but they tell me I ordered the wrong product! To correct the problem, I backorder the wrong product, enter the right product, print that and get it out to shipping. A little stressful, as the printer doesn’t like me, but it all gets fixed!

 

Come to find out, the product is out of stock so the lab had to make it and the shipping guy decided to pull our QC chemist’s leg (he is the one who made the product for this order). The QC chemist was told that he made the wrong product and that he had 10 minutes to make and package the correct product to ship!!

 

He about dropped from a heart attack on the spot. After he recovered he went hunting for the production manager to yell at him for telling him to make the wrong product. I told the QC chemist that what he had made was right and the order was right and all that, but he didn’t believe me because the shipping guy had showed him the pick slip with the wrong product listed!!!

 

Oh, it was the highlight of my day! J It is not often that something like that gets pulled without anyone really trying!

No comments: