February 10, 2006

Ranting

HEE! Today at work we had a mandatory 20 minute Safety Training video to watch. It was funny watching the reactions of people spilling chemicals on themselves. The word ‘cheesy’ comes to mind…I s’pose none of the safety movies were ever intended to be good, tho. Just informative. Like…we saw why exactly I avoid taking anything off a shelf that is over my head…a guy evidently did not put the cap back on whatever chemical he was taking down (it was probably water for the movie) and got a mouthful of it!! Or the guy who, when the 55 gallon drum of stuff spilled, dropped to the ground - in the spill - and started screaming until someone came and carried him out of the spill. Then the video turned into a sort of strip show when they started showing us how to use the de-contamination shower and remove contaminated clothing…Oi vey! (Madagascar!)

We all laughed when an employee’s cell started ringing…and then starting beeping cuz he got voice mail! (Which brings to mind: ‘Please turn off all cell phones and pagers’ at movie theaters!)

To start back at the beginning of the day, the sunrise was pretty neat today! From my vantage point it was a peach ‘V’ with an orange globe in the center! And all hazy thru the tree branches. So nice!

An annoyance: when I am not answering the phone at the front desk and one of the other girls pick up a call for me they do not write a message for me, they just tell me ‘someone (we don’t know who) called for you.’ I wish I had voice mail here! Or that they would just learn to page me when I have a call!! Also: if I get pulled into a meeting with the VP (or anyone, for that matter!) that goes past when I’m s’posed to go to lunch, DON’T GET MAD AT ME FOR NOT LEAVING ON TIME!!!!!!!!! SHEESH! The meeting was so I could figure out how to do part of their job, anyway. (I need to stop ranting now!!)

PS – If anyone has heard of the perfume ‘Adrienne Vittadini’ please let me know! I got some for my 16th birthday and have been trying to find it since…

No comments: