February 08, 2006

Shadows Prove the Sunshine

Gotta love Switchfoot! Of course…a year ago I didn’t like them!

My life has had a lot of shadows lately…it was interesting hearing this song for the first time cuz of everything that was going and gaining a new perspective on it:

Yes, sad things happen, and they cast shadows in my life, but those shadows wouldn’t be there if Jesus wasn’t shining light into my life, right? :-)

The Shadow Proves The Sunshine
Sunshine, won't you be my mother
Sunshine, come and help me sing
My heart is darker than these oceans
My heart is frozen underneath

We are crooked souls trying to stay up straight,
Dry eyes in the pouring rain
The shadow proves the sunshine

Two scared little runaways
Hold fast to the break of day light were
The shadow proves the sunshine

Oh Lord, why did you forsake me?
Oh Lord, don't be far away
Storm clouds gathering beside me
Please Lord, don't look the other way

Crooked souls trying to stay up straight
Dry eyes in the pouring rain
The shadow proves the sunshine

Shine on me,
Let my shadows prove the sunshine

How dark it must be for those who don’t have Jesus in their lives to guide them and love them and walk with them. That is one thing that is very hard for me to imagine: a life without Jesus in my life, without the ability to call out to Him when I need help, without the knowledge that I’m never alone, even when I feel forgotten…

No comments: