February 21, 2006

When You Hurt

I woke up singing this song by Krystal:
I desire for you to understand
I wanna be there when
You need me, my friend
Let me be the one you cry to
I know that I can truly make you happy

Cuz when you hurt you know
I hurt just as much as you do
And when you hurt you know
I hurt with you
I hurt with you

Don't believe all the things
People say about me
Cuz they will tear us apart
I just wanna be with you
So that we walk together
For worse or for better
I know that we can make it

You gotta believe
Put your trust in me
All it takes is faith
I will help you believe
How can any of us make a sad friend truly happy? We can hurt with a friend, but never as much, because we don’t fully know/understand what that friend is going thru.
I find it wonderful that Jesus calls me ‘friend’. Not only am I ‘friend’ but ‘child’ and ‘beloved’ and ‘family’ and…get the drift? :-)
Only Jesus can really hurt as much as I do (in things I get hurt by). And He comes along side, so understanding and loving and accepting and forgiving and…He hurts with me! How awesome is that?!?!
If I believed half of the things I’ve heard about Jesus, would I follow Him? Probably not. But, still. Jesus wants to be with me, to walk and talk together - for better or worse! Together, Him and I can make it thru the toughest storms of life!

No comments: