December 10, 2005

Donuts!

Our yearly tradition of making donuts changed this year.
Usually, we start about 10 am. Dad rolls the dough, then he and I cut it while Mom deep fries the shapes. And all the while we listen to Christmas music, mostly the Chipmunks!!
But this year, Dad had to go shopping for a new work truck and Mom didn't wake me up when she was ready to start...so, she did them mostly alone this year. :-(
We got 16 dozen large donuts, 7 dozen small donuts, and tons of donut holes and scraps! Num!
We usually get quite creative with some of the shapes, but this year we only got 2 crowns. bummer.

Large and small donuts & holes ans some scraps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just so that the comment thing doesn't say "1 comments".

I like donuts.

Heather said...

wow...hundreds of donuts at your disposal. You must have more restraint than I do.

A-List said...

WOW your donuts look SO tasty...My Mom and I really enjoyed your pics...by any chance, would you ever post the recipe??