December 07, 2005

Porcelain Heart

Hurt....not a fun thing to have. Especially a hurting heart.

As you can figure out from my last post, I cleaned my room (!!) and found something that I had written... a few months ago. (Since it was at the bottom of one my piles of papers, probably July-ish:)
So often we hide our hurt so that no one knows that we need prayer. We try to fix ourselves and our pain all alone and that gives no chance for others to come to our side and minister to us and be a friend. It's easy to put on a smile and pretend we are OK. By doing that we push others away and end up with no true friends who care and share our burdens. We end up dying inside and becoming bitter and feeling unloved.
Sometimes, talking to God will not fully relieve a problem or give us peace from the burden. We are only human and need some skin to grab on to. Not meaning that God can't give us absolute peace on His own, it just helps to know that another human is there and has our back.
(You have no idea how hard it was for me to not edit this!)

Now, what I should have said in the second paragraph was maybe more that we don’t allow God to ‘fully relieve a problem’ by not sharing it with someone, because He works thru that other person to give us peace. This is all I have on this right now! My thots are subject to change...

Here is my current favorite song, written and sung by Barlow Girl:

Porcelain Heart

Broken heart one more time
Pick yourself up, why even cry
Broken pieces in your hands
Wonder how you'’ll make it whole

You know, You pray
This can’'t be the way
You cry, You say
Something’'s got to change
And mend this porcelain heart of mine

Someone said “"A broken heart
Would sting at first
Then make you stronger”"
You wonder why this pain remains
Were hearts made just to break

Creator, only You take brokenness
And create it into beauty again

My ranting is over...for now. I had a purpose for saying all this, but I have no energy to say it anymore.

No comments: