January 30, 2007

Dying

All the good people are dying. People I have fond thoughts of from my childhood. There was Dan Cloniger. He was cool! We had fun emailing jokes back and forth. I really miss that. And then Mike...and now Ralphie.

I don't think I ever really had a conversation with Ralphie, but I loved hearing his stories! He had the most amazing stories to tell. Like when his kids were young, he'd pray that he'd win all the games they'd play - and he did! At least until his kids figures out was going on and retaliated by praying they he wouldn't win. :-D
Or his old car that wouldn't start and wouldn't start...but they prayed and laid hands on the car and it started and I believe it lasted for a long time after that...
And then, when he and a bunch of guys were going to Canada to help somebody build or repair something and he had trouble at the border. (Ralph is Serbian?) That story was always fun to hear.
There has always been some funny and/or amazing story connected to Ralph that made everyone laugh. He was truly a joyful person.
But, he has been in pain for a long time due to cancer. Now that pain is gone. Ralphie will live on in the memories of his family and friends. He was a great guy.

No comments: